We are paid based upon prearranged contracts with vetted communities within Northern California region. These transactions occur between the community and platinum senior services.
No. Our services are free and you are in no way locked into a contract with us. At anytime If a family feels dissatisfied although we would love to hear from you, You may choose another entity to assist you and your family.
There are several varying factors for this answer, however, if the required paperwork has been completed and a community has been settled on we are able to complete the move within a few short hours.
We encourage families to begin the process as early as possible. Our goal at platinum senior services is to avoid an emergency placement where options are limited increasing stress and worry.
We offer clients decades of experience working within the senior living industry. In a world with hundreds of options we maintain a smaller client base to assure each family gets the individual attention needed for smooth transition. Our goal is not only to walk the family through the process but we are also capable of navigating the complexity of medication needs and available insurance covered benefits.
Our office team has been doing placement since 2014. Although we recently rebranded we have maintained our contacts both personal and business.
According to the Alzheimer’s Association website over 80% of the help being provided to our seniors are being provided by family, friends and other non-paid caregivers. Even more staggering is that the care is most often provided by those over 65 themselves.
When providing care to our loved ones we often overlook the care of ourselves as caregivers. We cancel the routine physician appointment, or a dental cleaning. We stop attending social gatherings with friends because we are either too tired or too overwhelmed to think about anything else besides the care our loved one is needing.
We very much encourage families to be open with communication and sharing the responsibility of providing the care to our loved ones, however, that isn’t always possible. So, we are asking you to stop, take a breath and read through the checklist.
Caregiver Stress Checklist
- Am I easily agitated with those that I love?
- Am I becoming more critical of others?
- Am I having difficulty laughing or having more fun?
- Am I turning down most invitations to be with others?
- Am I feeling depressed about the situation?
- Am I feeling hurt when my efforts go unnoticed?
- Am I resentful when other family members are not helping?
- Am I feeling trapped by all the responsibilities?
- Am I feeling guilty when I take time for myself?
If you answer yes to any of these questions it may be time to reach out for support. We are here at Platinum Senior Services to take your call be an ear to listen and see if we can assist reduce some of the burden of the care of your loved ones.
Please contact our office at 916-370-0131
How do I know when my loved one needs care?
- Are bills being paid late or being forgotten altogether?
- Have simple errands such as grocery shopping, doctor’s appointments or picking up prescriptions become a challenge?
- Is your loved one preparing meals less?
- Have you noticed a gradual or sudden loss of memory and/or language skills?
- Does your loved one often fail to answer the phone or take longer than usual to answer?
- Has your loved one experienced falls? Or you noticed unexplained cuts or bruises or a hesitance in his or her walk?
- Are there clothing stains or odors emanating from furniture, clothing or automobile seats?
- Have you noticed poor eating habits and inadequate nutrition/hydration?
- What about a failure or inability to follow through on physician’s instructions, medicine dosages, etc.?
- Is your loved one hesitant or not able to get into the bath or shower?
- Is your loved one sleeping in the last days clothes?
- Has your loved one stopped engaging in previously enjoyable activities like playing cards, singing or dancing? Or spending more time than usual watching television?
- Is your loved one staying in bed more?
- Are you beginning to get an uneasy feeling about leaving your loved one alone?
If you have questions regarding whether your loved one is ready for placement, please reach out to our team that will be able to assist you with answering your questions. Our team is here to help and not pressure you in to making a decision the family is not ready for. Some of the above can be addressed through community resources.